NBA accredidated & PCI approved
School of Pharmacy, BIT (College Code: 128) offers B. Pharm., M. Pharm & Ph. D. degree course with quality technical education. School of Pharmacy, BIT in terms of Academic/Research/Placement/Statutory face is the best among other UPTU Pharmacy institutes.
WE ARE DIFFERENT
BIT (School of Pharmacy) believing in “Guru Shishya Parampra”, stressing
- social and human values
- complete personality development to develop strong foundation in the students mind for positive thinking, self discipline,capabilities to face all challenges in this competitive world,
- good quality of education with an enormous weightage to both theoretical and practical aspect of teaching,
- the exclusive training and placement cell for pharmacy students and,
- the best placement record amongst all pharmacy college in reputed pharmaceutical production unit (Production, quality control, quality assurance and research & development),
- Zero ragging in the campus including the hostels is our primary concern & we ensure it flawlessly (Ragging is a punishable offence under law).
The key attractions are as under:-
- Course is approved by Pharmacy Council of India, New Delhi
- School of Pharmacy, BIT, is accrediated from National Board of Accreditation, New Delhi as per the Washington Accord which is an international Agreement for setting benchmark of global recognition for our B.Pharm degree course/programme/education for students passing from BIT, Meerut. Degree of our student will be recognized in all countries of world. In this entire region this is the only institute which is NBA accrediated.
- Approved by AICTE/UGC, New Delhi.
- Affliated to U.P. Govt. university i.e. Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), Lucknow. The degree will be given by Govt. university not by private institute or private university.
- Excellent (100%) placement in national and multinational pharmaceutical production companies all over India.
- Frequent industry visits, trainings, seminars and workshops are organized to provide practical exposure to our students.
- Facility of corporate & industry interface by frequent shared learning with visiting dignitaries.
- Qualified and long industrial MNC production experienced placement manager & team.
- Scholarship to three meritorious students of each class every year.
- State & Central Govt. scholarship to all eligible candidates of all categories through Samaj Kalyan Vibhag and other Govt. body.
- Special English Speaking, Personality Development classes and company specific Capsule Trainings throughout academic calendar. Dedicated team of training Department for addressing the issues on communication skills ,soft skills & aptitude.
- Academia-Industry Interactions: R&D Agreement with Dabur Group of Companies & others.
ABOUT SCHOOL OF PHARMACY (B.Pharm. course is NBA Accreditated)
Pharmacy is a branch of medical and engineering concerned with synthesis, analysis, quality control, administrative control, research and manufacturing of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
A career in pharmacy unfolds a vista full of opportunities leading to a global future for young career aspirant. Furthermore, the job opportunities, working conditions, job satisfaction and monetary benefits are excellent. Excellent global opportunities galore for qualified pharmacy professionals (B.Pharm & M.Pharm) in various countries such as U.S.A., Canada, U.K., France, South Africa, Germany etc.
- Lush Green Campus.
- Excellent infrastructure with well equipped laboratories, Lecture Theaters & Seminar Hall. Aesthetically designed Ultra-Modern Laboratories.
- Student faculty ratio is 15:1 (as per AICTE, PCI and UPTU norms)
- Qualified committed/dedicated and experienced faculty from reputed and leading pharmacy institutions in the country like IT, BHU Varanasi, BIT Ranchi, DIPSAR Delhi, Punjabi University, Jiwaji University, JSS ootty etc.etc.
- Approved Research Centre of U.P. Technical University, Lucknow for Ph. D. programme.
- Round the clock Wi-Fi connectivity all across the campus
- 100% ragging free campus
- Constant CCTV monitoring for security & discipline
- Residential campus
- Fully furnished separate hostel for boys and girls
- Mess, cafeteria and sports ground.
- e-Library with subscription to all leading national & international journals (equipped with e-books and e-journal facility).Central & departmental library facility
- Transport facility available all over Meerut and surrounding cities.
- Recreational Facilities with well equipped Gym & sports facilities
CAREERS IN PHARMACY (why study pharmacy?)
- Pharmacy is a branch of medical and engineering concerned with synthesis, analysis, quality control, administrative control, research and manufacturing of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- A brief sketch of opportunities pursued by the Pharmacy graduates, is as under:-
- Manufacturing of Drugs and Pharmaceutical.
- Analysis and Testing of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Community Pharmacy (Therapeutic remedies , good health and Hygiene)
- Academic (Research and Education in Medical and Pharmacy colleges)
- Pharmacy Graduates are qualified to run their own Drugs store and Pharmaceutical Industry.
- High demand of Pharmacy professionals in MNC’s (Multi National Companies) in India and Abroad.
- Research and development (R&D).
- New Drug Discovery(NDD).
- Food and Beverage Industry.
- Process and Formulation Development(Pharmaceutical Product)
- Cosmetics and Toiletries preparation Industry.
- Clinical trial, Bioequivalance Studies ,Toxicological Studies,Biotechnological research and Manufacturing.
- Herbal Drug Research and Developments .
- Regulatory Affairs (Drug controller ,Drug Inspectors , Food Inspector,Sanitary Officer ,Government Analyst etc).
- Working Opportunities in reputed states and central Government Laboratories like CSIR,CIPL,DRDO,Forensic Lab,Central Ayurvedic Lab and testing Labs related to Ministry of Health .
- Excellent Opportunities abroad.
B.Pharm. (Bachelor of Pharmacy) – 60
Affiliated to: UPTU, Lucknow
Approved by: PCI, AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India
Duration: 4 Years, Full-Time
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board with Physics and Chemistry as Compulsory subjects along with Maths/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology with not less than 50% marks in the above subjects.
Direct II Year B.Pharmacy course through Lateral Entry for D.Pharm holders:
- Should have aggregate of 60% marks in the first and second year D.Pharm examination .
- Minimum qualifying marks in 10+2 as per I year B.Pharma eligibility with a pass in two year D.Pharm course.
M.Pharm. (Master of Pharmacy)
Affiliated to: UPTU, Lucknow
Approved by: AICTE, MHRD, Govt. of India
Duration: 2 Years, Full-Time
(i) Pharmaceutical Chemistry (ii) Pharmacognosy
(iii) Pharmaceutics (iv) Pharmacology
Eligibility for M.Pharm Course
- A Candidate who has passed B.Pharm degree examination from university established by law of India and who has secured not less than 60% of the marks shall be eligible for admission to M.Pharm course.
- For SC/ST candidates, B.Pharm degree examination from University established by law of India and minimum percentage of marks in B.Pharm as per university norms.
Stipend and Scholarship:
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS TO GIRL STUDENTS TO PROMOTE GIRL EDUCATION.
Scholarship to the meritorious students of 10+2 for entire four years.
Scholarship for rank holders as per Institute norms.
ü However the School of Pharmacy, BIT offers Rs. 25000/= prize money for all students who obtained rank among first ten in B.Pharm university examination each class each year.
ü The School of Pharmacy, BIT offers Rs. 10000/= to first rank holder, Rs. 5000/= to second rank holder and Rs. 2000/= to third rank holder of each class at the institute level.
- Stipendory category for M.Pharm Rs. 8000/=per month for GPAT qualified.
- Fee and Scholarship as per the norms of UPTU Lucknow & Govt of UP.
Institute is having facilities for Ph.D. work for students and teaching staff. Our Institute is an Approved Ph.D research centre of U.P.Technical University ,Lucknow. At present a total number of 08 students and faculty are pursuing PhD.
The admission to B.Pharm are through two channels:-
1. First one in through state entrance examination (UPSEE) conducted by the affiliating university and the selected candidates are then subsequently called for counseling, depending upon their rank, to select the colleges where the particular course is to be taken.
2. The second channel is by direct admission for which the candidate has to contact the college administration directly.
3. For admission to M. Pharm course, the affiliating university arrange counseling of the qualified B.Pharm students having 60% marks in B.Pharm obtained in the final year and GPAT results (if any).
4.GPAT score holders get Rs.8000/- per month scholarship from AICTE. This year 2011-12, 12 students are getting scholarship of Rs.8000/- per month each student.
5. For candidates taking admission and possessing an aggregate of 90% or more in plus two examination shall be given extra scholarship of
Rs. 10,000/= (ten thousand only) for the first year B.Pharm student towards the payment of fee. However candidate possessing a aggregate
of 85% will get extra benefit of Rs. 5000/= towards the payment of fee for the first year only.
List of original certificates required for admission are :-
1. Marks statement of 10+2/Inter/12th Class
2. Date of Birth certificate
3. Provisional certificate from the last school attended
4. Character certificate from the school last attended
5. Affidavit for proof of gap period, if any, after passing the 12th class
6. Medical certificate from a medical practitioner holding the degree not below MBBS.
7. Four(4) passport size photographs (unattested, coloured).
8. Category certificate issued from competent authority of Uttar Pradesh.
9. Any other certificate in respect of the claim made by the candidate.
Suggestions are welcome in the Suggestion/Complaint register kept at reception/enquiry room.
The admission will be done from 09:00 am sharp, However, the time may be extended till all the candidates are entertained/seats are filled. The information centre and reception will be working from 09:00 am to 04:30 pm with lunch break from 01:00 pm to 01:30 pm.
For other information please contact
E mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org